Teacher of Science
Are you an aspiring or experienced practitioner of science? Do you want to positively impact upon the lives of young people? If so, your next role awaits you here at Falmouth School.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated Science Teacher to join us. You will be based at Falmouth School which is a friendly, inclusive and highly successful school of 980 students, including a growing Sixth Form. At Falmouth School, we expect the utmost diligence and commitment to learning from everyone. Our school has an inclusive environment where everyone feels able to participate and achieve their potential. We feel very proud to belong to The Roseland Multi-Academy Trust, which consists of three secondary, two small primary schools and a teaching school hub.
We are looking for an experienced classroom practitioner who has a love of science that is infectious. The team are very supportive of each other and have good experience and subject expertise. We want all our young people to participate fully, with confidence and enjoyment so that they have a lifelong passion for science and an understanding of where this may take them in the future.
This position will suit a hard-working science teacher who wants to work in a friendly team who are appreciative of each other. The successful candidate will have the personal tenacity to ensure that every student succeeds in their learning and that whole school policies are fully implemented and modelled. You must be flexible, imaginative, ambitious and a skilled professional, who is committed to raising the achievement of every student in the classroom.
This position would suit an experienced teacher or an Early Career Teacher. Early Career Teachers will benefit from support from an experienced subject mentor, school Professional Tutor, as well as ongoing professional development through One Cornwall Teaching School Hub.
What you’ll need to succeed:
- be outstanding practitioners who inspire students and colleagues;
- be creative in delivering a rigorous academic curriculum;
- believe that every child can and will succeed regardless of their starting point;
- be flexible, collaborative and resilient;
- be committed to high standards of achievement, behaviour and attendance;
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- be excited about helping to design and create every aspect of the school and Trust;
- contribute to the whole life of the school through extra-curricular activities;
- have the highest ambitions for your students, the school, Trust and yourself.
What you’ll get in return:
- A unique opportunity to be a key member of staff in a forward-looking, thriven school on the beautiful Falmouth, in Cornwall;
- A genuine family atmosphere with high expectations and standards where every student is known and valued;
- Access to high-quality Continuous Professional Development within the Multi Academy Trust and offered through OneCornwall (Teaching School Hub).
- Competitive salaries, based on skills and experience;
- Teacher’s pension scheme;
- School holidays;
- Discounted membership in Trust Sports Hubs (Falmouth & Newquay);
- Free parking facilities;
- Employer’s Eyecare Scheme (Specsavers);
- Employee Assistant Programme (EAP);
- TES media access (magazine, podcast and videos).
- Mileage paid if there is a requirement to travel to different schools within the Trust.
- You may be entitled to a levelling up payment worth up to £3,000 if you are a teacher in the first five years of your career. You can check if you are eligible at www.gov.uk/guidance/levelling-up-premium-payments-for-teachers.
How to apply : Please note a completed application form needs to be submitted (CVs are not an accepted form of application). To apply, please complete the application form available on our website and send it to the email address provided in the advert.
This role will be based at Falmouth School but you may be required to work at any other premises across the Trust or any of the employer’s academies within mid-Cornwall as directed by the employer.
If our ethos appeals to you and you can inspire our students and fellow colleagues, we look forward to receiving your application. Our Teaching Team Leader, Miss Atkinson, is available if a prospective candidate wishes to discuss this post. Please contact Mrs Lisa Grigg to make an appointment.
Further details for this post are available from Mrs Lisa Grigg: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Closing date for applications: 9am 28 March 2023
- Date of interview: 31 March 2023
Falmouth School, part of The Roseland Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check and online searches will be carried out for shortlisted candidates.
Vacancy Closing Date: 28/03/2023
- Download Application Form 2023
- Download Equal Opps Monitoring Form 2023
- Download Relevant Convictions Form 2023